I thought it would be helpful to give some tips on how to make a visa request successful for non-EU citizens visiting the UK. For example if family members of UK citizens living in Gloucester who are Indian citizens and residents in Gujarat apply to get visas for family weddings.
In order to ensure that your application is successful first time, I encourage you all to be involved in the application at the earliest possible stage. This makes sure visa applicants are more likely to:
- Fill forms in correctly with accurate spelling of family names
- Have family references detailing financial means
- Have statements from family in Gloucester to say that they will be responsible for the applicant’s medical treatment whilst they are in the UK.
- Provide a guarantee to the Home Office that they will not access public funds or benefits whilst in UK (which they are not entitled to)
- Attach copy of wedding invite, in the case of a wedding, so that the Home Office has proof and can be reassured.
- Please be aware that last minute applications or incomplete/inaccurate applications that are rejected are very hard for us to be able to try and get the right result.
Please make sure applications are made as early as possible and as accurately as possible, with as much supporting evidence from Gloucester as possible. If you have followed these steps and need assistance do call my office on 01452 501167.