I appreciate that constituents are facing rising goods and energy prices, inflation, and cost of living pressures after the pandemic and Putin's invasion of Ukraine. The Government's Help for Household scheme is on hand to offer support to those who need it. See what cost of living support you could be eligible for here: https://helpforhouseholds.campaign.gov.uk/
I have also posted some additional help on my Facebook page, which you can find a links to here:
There are always things we can do to save energy in ours homes, and below are two links which give examples of some improvements:
Home Insulation Guide for the Elderly
Click here for ideas for home insulation you do yourself, pointers for reducing energy bills and energy grants that may be available to you.
Green Deal: energy saving for your home
Click here for more details about the Green Deal and how it may benefit you.
The Warm Home Discount (WHD)
The WHD is a scheme designed to help eligible low income and vulnerable households through winter. It does this by giving you a £140 discount on your electricity bill, this money is not paid to you as the individual but is paid off your bill directly.
From this November, the Warm Home Discount is available whether you use a pre-pay or pay as you go electricity meter and your electricity supplier will be able to tell you, if eligible, how you’ll get your discount.
You qualify for the discount if all of the following apply:
- your supplier was part of the scheme
- your name (or your partner’s) was on the bill
- you were getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)
However – if you do not qualify under the above, there are additional circumstances:
- Some suppliers can offer the discount to vulnerable people (e.g. those on a low income).
- Each supplier has their own rules about who else (known as the ‘broader group’) can get this help.
- Check with the supplier if you meet their rules for broader group help and how to apply for it
If you qualify for the discount, you’ll get a letter this autumn/winter telling you either:
- you don’t have to apply – you’ll get the discount automatically
- you must apply by the deadline – the letter will tell you why and how
You’ll receive your letter by 24 December at the latest, and you can write to the Warm Home Discount Team if you don’t get a letter but believe you qualify: Warm Home Discount Team Pink Zone, 1st Floor Peel Park Brunel Way Blackpool FY4 5ES